Friday, March 2, 2012

Extravaganza Entry #2 - Milk Carton

Here is another of my entries for Extravaganza. It changed a bit after these photos were taken and before I sent it off. I took the metal top off and replaced it with a binder clip and tied on some pink crocheted ribbon instead of the 
original top it was photographed with. 
When I did the "garland", originally, it all clumped together, so I had to remove the embroidery floss and glue each piece apart from the next one so they would sit apart separately - talk about time consuming... I also wanted the hearts to sit upright, but I am not sure that happened in the long run... 
I cut two holes in opposite sides of the carton and inserted a transparency inside so you could see through the window. I then filled it full of pink jelly beans.Most pieces were hand cut for this entry except the "grass" and the borders for the roof. I also used the adhesive springs on two sides. 
There is a close-up of that below.
Enjoy, 
Alyson

All products are CTMH:

Paper: Lucy Paper Pack, Colonial White Cardstock, Pear Cardstock, Cotton Candy Cardstock, Blush Cardstock, Sweet Leaf Cardstock
Stamps: Affection
Inks: Creme Brulee, Pear, Sweet Leaf, Cotton Candy, Blush, Tulip, Honey, Grey Wool Re-Inker
Accessories: My Creations Milk Carton, Foundry Metal Accessories - Binder Clips, Adhesive Springs, Embroidery Floss - Neutral Assortment, Sparkles - Red, Pink & Purple Assortment, Sparkles - Blue & Green Assortment, Pearl Paint, Distressing Kit, Designer Ribbon - Pink Collection, !1/4: Circle Punch, Art Philosophy Cartridge, Liquid Glass, 3-D Foam Tape, Transparency (not CTMH)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)