Friday, March 23, 2012

"Precious" Layout - My Mom and Me

When I went to visit my mom (she's 84) a few weeks ago, I took her for a photo session - she wasn't very happy about it. She does NOT like to have her picture taken by anyone, anywhere, any place! However, the pictures turned out really well in the end. This one was her favourite of all of them, so I am going to have this layout framed for her. I still want to do one for my office to be framed and a layout of all the poses for my own scrapbook as well. 
The dark flowers were hand dyed to match the layout but the others were used as is. I had forgotten how hard it is to work with our older papers... I like the thickness of CTMH's newer papers so much better! 
There are two close-up pictures of some of the flowers on the layout below. 
Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies are CTMH unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Sweetheart Paper Pack (ret.), Pear Cardstock
Stamps: The Best Things, Blue Ribbon
Inks: Cotton Candy, Black, Black Distressing Ink, Cotton Candy Re-inker
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Edge Distresser, Petals Paper Flowers, Flutter Paper Shapes, Irresiststibles Lots of Dots Alphabet, , Sponge Daubers, Border Punch (not CTMH), Sparkles Flourishes, Red, Pink and Purple Sparkles, Clear Sparkles, Bitty Buds Assortment, Doily (not CTMH), Other Flowers (not CTMH), Foam Tape, Sewing Machine and Pink Thread (not CTMH)

1 comment:

  1. Alyson, that is so sweet. What a wonderful tribute to your beautiful mama. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)