Wednesday, March 21, 2012

2 New Challenges - and a Nice Surprise!

What a nice surprise this week. I checked the Ribbon Carousel Blog, only to find out that I was chosen as one of the "Top Spools" for last week's challenge! I certainly didn't expect that!

This card is made for two challenges this week - the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge and the Ribbon Carousel Challenge. The Freshly Made Sketch is below the card and the Ribbon Carousel Challenge requires the use of twine, which I LOVE!  I am using it on my cards and layouts more and more. 

I am working on a couple of layouts right now that are taking me an extraordinary amount of time. My mother and I went for a portrait session a couple of weeks ago and I am doing a layout for a frame for me and one for her. I want them to be nothing short of spectacular so I am searching for ideas and slowly putting them together. It is taking up a lot of my time so if I don't post daily, that is what is taking up my time these days. Just so you know... 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies used are CTMH unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Black Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Tulip Cardstock, Sunset Cardstock, Gypsy Cardstock, Cotton Candy Cardstock, Sunny Yellow Cardstock
Stamps: A Bowwow
Inks: Black
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Clear Button Assortment, Baker's Twine - Paradise Assortment, Other Twine (not CTMH), Ribbon (not CTMH)

5 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch! Love your twine bows. Your new pic is fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Alyson ... I love those die cut flowers, the colours are so fresh and bright and the button centres are fab!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Ribbon Carousel Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the sketch. I love the bright colors of those fabulous flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alyson! I love how you color coordinated the twine and I also love your puppies! I have a Yorkie mix...so fun! :)

    Thanks for playing along at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)