Friday, March 16, 2012

One of Those Days...

There's a good reason why there's no creative project posted today...

I decided to drive down to the city (Toronto) today for a day of shopping and errands in stores that are not available where I live. It's about a 90 minute drive with no traffic to the Toronto downtown core. 

My first stop was in a rather questionable neighbourhood where I was looking for a specific item. I parked my car (a 2006 very dirty Grand Am equipped with snow tires) around the corner from the main street about 5 cars down as I couldn't find parking on the main street. I was back at the car within about 4 minutes, only to find 2 young guys with a tire spanner, trying to loosen the lug nuts on the wheels on my car and remove my tires!! I used my remote to honk the car and they ran away pretty quick, luckily before they had done any damage and I still had all 4 tires intact!

Later in the afternoon, I was stopped at a red light in the north end of the city and felt a bang from behind... I had been rear ended. The other driver was very kind and apologetic. Fortunately, neither of us was hurt and there was minimal damage to my car - a little more to his. Information was exchanged, photos were taken and we were on our way after waving off a waiting tow truck. 

I didn't feel much like shopping after that so I headed back home. Thankfully, Dave was already home and made supper. Like I said in my profile, I am married to the most wonderful man in the world! 

Hopefully there are no more days ahead like this one - I have had enough stress today to last a lifetime! 

Alyson

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)