Sunday, June 27, 2021

Rainbow Hugs

Stencils and Distress Oxide inks... what a great combination! 

This stencil is a very detailed one and it was difficult to keep in place. I believe I will need to invest in a product that is designed to adhere a detailed stencil in place during the inking process... I used a variety of Distress Oxide inks to create a rainbow effect. The front was adhered to three pieces of cardstock, then to black cardstock and finally to the card base. The sentiment was die cut and stacked as well. The last step was to stamp, colour and fussy cut the flower. I added some gold shimmer to the flower along with some gold embellishing thread. Gold Stickles were added around the card. 


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Black Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock

Stamps: Every Bit of Wonderful 

Inks: Intense Black, DO Inks - Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet

Accessories: Phrase Builder: Sending (Pink Fresh Studios), Flora Stencil (SSS), Tri-Blend Markers, Gold Shimmer Brush, Goldenrod Stickles, Gold Embellishing Thread, Foam Tape 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful! I always have a problem with detailed stencils so I bought some Pixie Spray adhesive and it works very well. Only thing is, with ANY stencil adhesive, where it adhered to your card surface, there will be enough of a sticky residue to prohibit you from later heat embossing because your powder will cling to where the stencil was...which could be a good thing I guess but not usually. So I always try to heat emboss first. This would only probably matter if you wanted to stamp and emboss a sentiment on the card surface after you have stenciled. At any rate, I do recommend Pixie because other sprays I've used tore my card. This stuff is gentle and light but adheres well for the inking. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)