Thursday, June 24, 2021

Alcohol Inked Sunburst Cards

I have been holding onto a lot of backgrounds that were created while instructing others. In many cases, that results in more than one piece as a sample is needed plus I end up with another finished product after the session. Time to use those pieces! There will be a few posts in the coming days using various backgrounds I have created. 

I really enjoy playing with alcohol inks as the result is always a surprise. This background was one I wasn't sure I was ever going to use until I paired it with the sunburst thin cut. I die cut the sunburst from both the alcohol ink piece and black ore paper (it has a shine to it). I kept all the black inner pieces for the second card as you will see below. 

The first card is simple - I just inserted the inked pieces into the sunburst and stamped a sentiment in yellow for the centre. I didn't want to add anything else to this card as the focal point is the alcohol ink background. 

For the second card I used the alcohol inked sunburst outline and I alternated the insert pieces with the black ore paper and a small dotted black patterned paper. I stamped a different sentiment in red this time and added a few enamel gems to the black sections. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Mix-In Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Ore Cardstock, Yupo Paper (Ranger), White Cards and Envelopes 

Stamps: Spot-On Sentiments

Inks: Candy Apple, Sundance, Various Alcohol Inks (Ranger) 

Accessories: Sunburst Thin Cut, Yellow Enamel Gems 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! When I saw the first one a big wow slipped out of my mouth! Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)