Monday, June 21, 2021

DT 87 and TSOT 512 - Christmas Sparrow

Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 87!

This week, it's all about the squares (or circles) and embossing. The small graphic is shown here - please check the Double Trouble challenge blog for detailed information. 

There is a sketch to follow as an optional component this week. 

I supposed I fall into the category of a square as I chose to use squares on my card. I have to say that this is the first time I have ever made a Christmas card in the month of June! It just seemed to be what worked best with what I had on my desk at the time...

The stitched rectangle was cut in two colours - white and sapphire. The sapphire piece was embossed with a holly leaf embossing folder and I sanded it to bring out the images. The pine branches were stamped in two colours - darker for the inside and lighter at the ends. Those were die cut, as was the bird and the stitched square. I coloured the bird and placed the branches around the inside squares. I added a sentiment that was stamped and die cut on a stitched bracket. The last step was to add a couple of trees (they really are arrows but I thought they could pass as trees) in the bottom corner. 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this challenge. 

I am also linking up my card with Try Stampin' on Tuesday in the design team section as I am a design team member for that challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, Sage Cardstock, Evergreen Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 

Stamps: Spruced Up Cardmaking, Christmas Love 

Inks: Intense Black, Sage, Evergreen

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Stitched Square Thin Cuts, Stitched Brackets Thin Cuts, Spruced Up Cardmaking Thin Cuts, Holly Vines Embossing Folder (Darice), Sanding Block, Tri-Blend Markers, Thin Foam Tape, Wooden Arrows 

Enjoy,

Alyson



2 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas card, Alyson! I love the bird. I really need to get started on making a few cards each week for the holidays so thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas design, love the addition of the blue and the sanding really brings out the beauty of the folder. The pine boughs and wood pieces are the perfect touch of nature paired with the bird.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)