Saturday, June 26, 2021

Olive Branches and Diamond Grid Designs

This is the last of the background cards... I didn't post a few others I created as they are similar to previous cards. 

These two cards each have a die cut front on them and the backgrounds were created using markers on vellum with rubbing alcohol. 

The vellum background here was adhered to the card base and the olive branches thin cut was die cut from Evergreen cardstock and placed over top. The center section of this die is hard to work with if you want a different colour - and I did. I went to my Cricut and using basic shapes, I welded together a shape that fit inside the oval section. I stamped and embossed a sentiment with Lagoon pigment ink but the photo doesn't show the colour well. A few turquoise gems were added around the sentiment.

The second card has a diamond grid that was die cut from silver glitter paper. I used the same blues and greens to create the two part sentiment and used silver foil for the inside hello. In hindsight, it probably would have been better to use either silver glitter paper or a brighter colour for that piece. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Evergreen Cardstock, Pixie Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Green Apple Cardstock, Silver Foil, Silver Glitter Paper, Vellum

Stamps; You Brighten My Day, A Little Hello (Gina K Designs) 

Inks: Archival Black, Lagoon Pigment Ink

Accessories: Cricut - Basic Shapes, Olive Branches Background Thin Cut, Diamond Grid Die (GMD), A Little Hello Dies (Gina K Designs), Tri-Blend Markers, Rubbing Alcohol (misc.), Turquoise Glitter Gems, Silver Glitter Gems, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Foam Tape 

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)