Friday, August 16, 2024

DT 173 and CD 614 - Anemone with Lattice Background

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 173 and Colour Dare Challenge 614!

The graphics for both challenges are below. Double Trouble is pairing with Colour Dare for this challenge.  Please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information for that challenge.


I have far more than three layers on my card - the card base with a mat and the front plus the lattice make at least three layers and the flower has six layers just by itself. I used silver metallic thread and clear gems for the embellishments and the floral spray is the image. 

I die cut the flower pieces from very light pink cardstock and inked them to make the flower gradually darker toward the back. A silver and black centre was added to that. The leaves were die cut from two shades of green. I inked all the die cut pieces for added interest. I die cut a scalloped frame and created a lattice using white shimmery cardstock. Although I used shades of both light and dark pink plus two shades of green, I added a light purple shimmery paper behind everything to make sure the third colour was included. 

Come and join us at both Double Trouble and Colour Dare and show us how you interpret these challenges. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

8 comments:

Debi said...

LOVE the dew drops on your flower! Such a pretty card.

Cat Nowak said...

What a beautiful card! I love that back background, I wouldn't have thought to use black but it makes everything pop.

Michelle said...

Alyson your card is SO pretty! I love the lattice oval in the background. The droplets on the flowers are a wonderful accent to those beautiful flowers.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card, love all the layers, beautiful dies and anemone.
Carol x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous layered card Alison, I love that anemone die it looks so beautifully dimensional with the different shades of pink.
Pauline xx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the texture on the lattice frame and that floral really pops against the white and black ground... beautiful card.

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful card! I love lattice frame behind the flower - but it made me think of pie. Now I want pie. :0)

Kellianne said...

I absolutely love the lattice in the frame! That's such a pretty flower and the dew drops are a perfect embellishment :)