Thursday, August 1, 2024

DT 172 - Rainbow Sunburst Card

Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 172!

This challenge is all about happiness, positivity and being cheerful - colours, sayings, etc. The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 

What can possibly be more cheerful than a rainbow? It lights up the sky after a rainstorm. I used layering stencils to create a rainbow sunburst. This stencil set overlaps some sections and leaves others white and I used a clear glitter paste on the top layer to add some shine. As hard as it is to believe, 24 inks (yes - 24!) were used to create this background. There is a photo of all of them below. 

Once the paste was dry, I cut down the image and placed it on a black card base and the sentiment was embossed in white on black and added to the centre. I used red Stickles to colour in the hearts. Nothing else was added to this card - it gets the message across as it is! 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us your cheerful projects. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also linking up my card with the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie challenge. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy, 

Alyson

6 comments:

Pauline C said...

Stunning rainbow Alison … incredible the number of colours you have used xx

Melanie R said...

Lovely burst of color, Alyson! This will put a smile on the face of the recipient. Rainbows always make me happy, too.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Oh my, I don't think I'd ever attempt 24 inks on one card! It does look 100% amazing!

Kellianne said...

Bright and cheerful indeed! You did amazing getting all those colors onto your cute card :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I don't think you missed any colors... beautiful shades of each color and love the sparkle between them... bright, cheerful and brings a smile to your face.

Deanne Saunders said...

Yikes!!! Look at all your inks!!! I thought I had a lot but I'm nowhere near that!!! Fun stuff!!!! Your card is awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper