Sunday, August 18, 2024

Poinsettia Parade 1

I titled this post Poinsettia Parade 1 because I have four poinsettia cards (in the same style) to share over the next few days. I did them in four colour schemes.

The flower and leaves were all inked - some of the greenery was simply ink blended and splattered with paint but the flowers and larger leaves were smooshed into ink mixed with water and then splattered with both water and white paint. They had to dry completely overnight. 

This card was made in traditional Christmas colours of red and green. The background was hot foiled with a red plaid pattern and I chose a gold hot foiled sentiment. In addition to the floral elements, I added red metallic thread behind the sentiment and some gold gems. I also used a white gel pen on the berries to add some interest. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Alyson, love the beautiful poinsettias and foiled background.
Carol x