Sunday, June 12, 2022

Rainbow Pattern Slimline Cards

I really like the idea of a rainbow slimline but wanted to add some extra interest to this design. 

The coloured cardstock was die cut using a border die. I cut each piece longer than needed so I could align them offset with each other. The hardest part of this was figuring out the width between each section... a lot of moving and adjusting was needed. Once those pieces were adhered, the black stitched border was added to the white card base on top of the rainbow pieces. 

I die cut a sentiment in white and black and also embossed the words "you are" in white. The last step was to colour some clear gems in the rainbow colours and one was placed in each coordinating section. 












I taught this card in my Facebook group and used punches instead of dies for the rainbow pieces. The outside border and the sentiment were the same for the next two cards. I turned one of them into a shaker. 




Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards, all 3. I have that border punch, lol. How do you perimeter your shakers on a card like that? I need to find some skinny foam, like 1/4" at the widest, maybe? All the foam tape I see is too thick, I always have to remember mailing constraints. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)