Thursday, June 16, 2022

Coneflower with Reinkers

 I saw this idea from Therese Calvird quite a while ago and thought it was very unique. The concept is to die cut a layered image and layer it under a raised front panel. 

The coneflower die is one I have had for a while and it worked for this technique. I started by die cutting the top panel (the flower and two leaves). That panel was ink splattered using two shimmer brushes. 

The backgrounds that were used to die cut the flower and leaves were created using reinkers. It was an extremely messy process and I didn't use blending solution - only water. I started out trying to move the inks on heavy cardstock but that didn't work so I changed to yupo paper. It was still a bit of a challenge using only water but once the coloured panels were dry, I die cut the flower images in various shades from lightest at the bottom to darkest on top. They were then layered using thin foam tape using the card front as a guide. I stamped a sentiment and adhered it on the left side. The last step was to adhere the top panel and add some purple gems. 


Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)