Thursday, June 2, 2022

Raised Strips Card

 I have seen a few versions of this card around - it took me a couple of tries to get it to work correctly. 

Having made one of these, I would use a stamped image the next time. This particular stencilled image doesn't have defined lines or a lot of colour detail. 

I stencilled the images twice on two separate pieces of cardstock. I tried to keep the stencil in the exact same place on both. One panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle die and adhered to a piece of blue cardstock and then to the card base. The other was cut to a smaller size and then into alternating small and wide strips. The smaller strips were removed and the remaining ones were added on top of the first image with foam tape. I stamped a sentiment in the corner and added a few coordinating gems around the raised sections. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cool idea, Alyson. Well executed too as always. The horizontal strips add such a cool effect and interest, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)