Monday, May 30, 2022

DT 112 - Meerkat Peek-a-Boo Card

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 112! 

It's the 5th Monday in the month so this is an open challenge. Be sure to check out the suggestion for Thing 3 and also to link up with one of our partner challenges as well. The small graphic is below.

I chose to create a peek-a-boo card where the back panel slides in under the top panel with a different image. My repeating element is the meerkat - there are several of them on each page but I purposely used the single meerkat, a cactus and the lizard at he bottom of both pages. 

This colour scheme is a different one for me... these are definitely not my go-to colours but they represented a desert environment pretty well. The images were stamped and coloured and I fussy cut the individual images as there isn't a set of dies for this stamp set. The borders around the circe windows were die cut from a stitched circle die. I didn't add many extras to this card to keep it flat for mailing. There is a panel on the back to write a message. 











A second card in the same style was created with butterflies. The photos are below. 




Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us your project with repeating elements. 

This is a one week challenge - it ends on Sunday evening.

I am also linking up my card with the Creative Creases challenge (fun fold cards). 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Love those happy, smiling meerkats, and great design/fold with the changing images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choices of layout of the meerkats... adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Alyson! The meerkats are adorable and I am amazed at this fold every time I see it! Your butterflies are gorgeous as well! Beautiful work here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyson, I think I told you before, but I just HAD to tell you again that both cards are so pretty! I'm betting our Double Trouble participants will find both cards fun and inspirational in creating their own DTC cards!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyson your cards are so cute!! Such a creative way to use the images for our challenge! And you are right, the color scheme is the first one is just perfect as for the desert theme and it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Alyson, I just love this adorable card! Those meerkats are so cute! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)