Saturday, May 7, 2022

Friendly Tulips

 This card took me much longer than it should have taken due to some errors on my part. I made silly mistakes with the masking (the stem and tulip images each contain all three images on one stamp so I masked the flowers to stamp them in different colours). I forgot to remove the masking paper from the stamp and accidentally stamped the image, leaving the ink from the masking paper on the card front - not once, not twice but THREE times! That was just one of many errors! Let's not discuss the rest... 

The background was splattered with two colours of gloss spray and the tulip images were stamped to the right side. I double stamped them, trying to get some shading using only inks... The sentiment was stamped in the upper corner and I die cut the word "friend" x3 and stacked it before adding it to the bottom of the card. A black diagonal striped paper filled in the side of the card and the card front was adhered to black and then dark pink cardstock before being adhered to the card base. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)