Saturday, December 5, 2020

Operation Smile Blog Hop

Welcome to the Operation Smile Blog Hop! 

We are featuring the current Operation Smile stamp set for this blog hop. It is such an awesome stamp set with four sentiments that can be used for so many occasions plus medium and small size floral and leaf clusters. It is one of my favourite stamp sets.

You should have arrived here from Gina Brandstetter's blog.

If you get lost, there is a list of all participants on Melinda Everitt's blog

I have done a lot of fussy cutting with this stamp set and I really didn't want to do that again. I chose to use the Multi-Square Window Thin Cut and create a partial shaker card using some of the images. 

I stamped three of the images using Intense Black and then coloured them. The sentiment was masked so I could stamp it in two colours. Some of the papers from the Jingle Joy paper pack are useable for any occasion and I chose two of those patterns (checkerboard and hearts) for the backings of the shaker sections. The stamped sections are raised but there is no acetate in front of them. I added a few Gold Glitter Gems to the centres of the flowers and brushed some of the lines with the Gold Shimmer Brush. In the shaker sections, I added some Gold Confetti Stars. The window front was mounted on Lagoon cardstock and then on Black cardstock to complete the card. 

I also created this card a few months ago using this stamp set and distress oxide inks... just added here for interest (supplies not listed).

I hope you enjoyed my projects. 

Your next stop is Darlys Recker's blog. I'm sure she will have something terrific to share. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Jingle Joy Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Mint Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock

Stamps: Every Bit of Wonderful 

Inks: Intense Black, Lagoon, Black 

Accessories: Multi-Square Window Thin Cut, Foam Tape, Gold Confetti Stars, Acetate (not CTMH), Gold Glitter Gems, Gold Shimmer Brush, Tri-Blend Markers

Enjoy,

Alyson

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love both of your cards and forget about cutting out a "window" in the Thin Cut! And the shaker parts...everything is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing shaker card! love all the details, so clever! also love the second card - great colors! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are gorgeous. I need to use both of those Thin Cuts more. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the style of the multi-blocks in the first card -- very creative and colorful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are great, but I'm CRAZY about the first one. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am obsessed with both your cards- great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are real winners! Love all the little shaker window accents. The second is a beautiful blend of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of your cards! I love the first with the different size windows with the shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, I love them both!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)