Saturday, December 19, 2020

Diamond Interlock Card

Trying new ideas is always something I enjoy and this is one of those ideas! 

The diamonds are squares turned sideways and interlocked with a piece of cardstock though the centres. I created the diamonds using my Cricut. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do to decorate the diamonds as I wanted a detailed pattern. I knew I was going to need to emboss a pattern onto each of them. I chose a flourish stamp but the stamp wasn't large enough to cover the entire diamond so I had to do each diamond in four separate sections by masking off areas as I stamped and embossed. 

Once the diamonds were in place, the edge of each piece was completely lost so I went back to my Cricut and created a very thin border to go around the outside of each diamond. That helped to separate the diamonds a little better. A piece of white cardstock with coordinating ribbon attached was thread through the diamonds and the whole piece was attached to a white embossed card front. A three loop bow was attached to the top of the card. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock

Stamps: Flourishing Details and Background 

Inks: Versamark

Accessories: Cricut Basic Shapes, Floral Lace Embossing Folder, White Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Craft Foam (not CTMH), Teal Ribbon (not CTMH)

Enjoy,

Alyson 

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card, Alyson! A beautiful and unique design; looks very complicated and will surely amaze the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card you created Alyson. So much detail has gone into your work. ♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)