Friday, December 4, 2020

Colour Dare 423 - Animated Reindeer

Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 423!

This week, it's all about traditional Christmas colours. 

I have had the animated holiday stamps for a while and this is the first time I have used them. This is also the first personal video I have uploaded to my blog! 

I created a green background of various shades using Distress Oxide inks. That is very difficult to see as it is the paper behind the reindeer stamps. I cut a border piece for the animation section and used a piercing tool to create a stitched pattern around the rectangle. The reindeer were stamped along with some snowflakes. When the end is pulled, the reindeer and the snowflakes appear to move. 

Check out the video below to see the animation. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us your traditional Christmas colour projects.

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Evergreen Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock 

Stamps: Animated Holiday Cheer, Seasonal Border Tabs

Inks: Espresso, Evergreen, Clover, Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide, Pine Boughs Distress Oxide, White Pigment Ink

Accessories: Border Tab Thin Cuts, Gold Glitter Gems, Foam Tape, Piercing Tool, Tri-Blend Marker

Enjoy,

Alyson

7 comments:

  1. Very cute reindeer card Alyson! It’s starting to feel a lot like Christmas! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute! Those happy little reindeer dashing across your card are adorable! Love your use of red and green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the slim line using a row of reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!! Love how you used the slimline style with multiple reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! I like all the embellishments and paper piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't purchased any of these animated crafting, but I really love the scenery you created with a slimline... adorable and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great slimline card, Alyson! I have always thought these animated cards were really clever but never took the plunge to own them. Great idea for a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)