Saturday, December 12, 2020

Friend Lilies

I am enjoying creating something other than Christmas cards - I think I am Christmas carded-out after mailing 114 in total! 

I spent some time today working on some new techniques and these cards represent one of those techniques. I inked some backgrounds with Distress Oxide inks and then stamped a background stamp on them while they were still wet. The stamp was spritzed with water mixed wth Liquid Pearls. It gave such a pretty shine to the background when it dried. The two backgrounds for these cards were created using that technique. 

A beautiful lily stamp was embossed in black and coloured. A large frame was cut from the inked paper and then a smaller frame was cut from black so they could be attached. The lily was placed underneath and the frames were mounted on craft foam so they form a sort of window. I stamped a small sentiment in versamark and embossed it in white (on black cardstock). The main word - friend - was die cut and layered. I added a few coordinating gems to each card and then brushed parts of the flowers with the Clear Shimmer Brush. 



I am happy with how these turned out - the black and white helps to bring out the bold colours in both the background and the lilies.

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 

Stamps: Thank You Friend (Gina K. Designs), Friend (Photoplay), Stripe Jungle Background (SSS)

Inks: Versamark, Black Pigment Ink, Picked Raspberry DO Ink, Spun Sugar DO Ink (not CMTH), Pine Needles DO Ink (not CTMH), Peacock Feathers DO Ink

Accessories: Friend Dies (Photoplay), Stitched Fancy Brackets Thin Cuts, White Detail Embossing Powder, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Liquid Pearls, Tri-Blend Markers, Touch Markers (not CMTH), Sharpie Markers (not CTMH), Clear Shimmer Brush, Pink Gems, Turquoise Gems, Craft Foam (not CTMH)

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Wowzers, Alyson, you mail a lot of cards! No wonder you are over it! These cards are like a breath of fresh air! Beautiful flowers an gorgeous backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are truly gorgeous, Alyson! I know what you mean, I hope you did enjoy making them, I'm actually enjoying making the birthday cards I still always need and last night I made a tropical one and I found myself wishing for summer - HA! XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)