Monday, December 7, 2020

Double Trouble 73 - Christmas in Glitter Shaker Form

Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 73!

This week, we are winding down our challenges for the year so this is the final challenge of 2020. The quick details are to create a holiday project using electronic cuts or die cuts and to use either patterned paper or some sort of ribbon or twine. The mini image is below - please visit the Double Trouble website for detailed information. 

I was playing with alcohol inks recently and used them on glitter paper. The effect is amazing! Not only do you get the movement with the inks but the glitter makes the background so awesome! I decided to use that paper as my patterned paper for this challenge (even though I created it myself). 

I designed two oval frames on my Cricut to provide a cabin setting in the woods. A moose is peeking out from the left side. I attached the inner frame directly to the background and also added a shadow cut of Santa and a reindeer. I then added foam tape and sequins, fake snow and silver confetti stars inside the shaker. A long thin sentiment was stamped on the front as well as a handful of stars. This card is so much prettier in person than in the photograph. 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us your interpretation of the expectations for Challenge 73. 

I am also linking up my card with the Bitten By the Bug challenge

You have until Jan. 3 to link up your projects! 

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Ballerina Glitter Paper, Neenah Solar White Cardstock

Stamps: Very Merry, Wishing you Everything

Inks: Archival Black, Lagoon, Bluebird, Alcohol Inks (but and green hues) 

Accessories: Cricut - Basic Shapes, Complete Creativity, You are Here, Flower Market, Teresa Collins Dec.25 (not CTMH), BHG Woodland (not CTMH), Fake Snow (not CTMH), Blue Sequins (not CTMH), Silver Confetti Stars, Foam Tape, Black Journaling Pen, Sharpie Marker (not CTMH) 

Enjoy,

Alyson

9 comments:

  1. Hi Alyson, this card really caught my eye! I love alcohol ink and the beautiful backgrounds they make. This is really pretty, and it looks so good with the white and those little stars to bring it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shaker cards and yours is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors! It makes it look cold and icy for winter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beauty, Alyson! I love your gorgeous background and beautiful winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and I haven’t tried alcohol inks on glitter yet, but I really should. I love the dimension of the scene. So fun to partner with Double Trouble this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh so pretty! thank you so much for sharing this with us at Bitten By the Bug 2. great job! don't be a stranger, happy holidays to you and yours.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Christmas scene. Love the glittery look. Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting technique which I agree is stunning. I will have to try this. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your night sky is gorgeous on this shaker, thanks for sharing the technique of alcohol ink on glitter paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)