Tuesday, December 1, 2020

December Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Welcome to the December Stamp of the Month blog hop.

The featured stamp set this month is called Happiness Never Grows Old. There are beautiful flowers and terrific sentiments in this stamp set. 

You should have arrived here from Krista Hershberger's blog.

If you get lost on the blog hop, a complete list of participants can be found on Melinda Everitt's blog

I have used this set for a variety of projects already but wanted to do something that involved masking for this blog hop. I chose the two large floral clusters and created a mask for each. They were difficult to cut due to the thin stems. I stamped those clusters along the outside edge of a piece of die cut white cardstock (using the Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts), overlapping them where needed and then coloured them. The largest sentiment was stamped on a different piece of white cardstock and then turned into a shaker. That shaker was embedded within the floral stamped piece and then mounted on Green Apple cardstock and finally on Wisteria cardstock. I brushed the lines of the flowers with the Clear Shimmer Brush.

I hope you enjoyed my card. 

The next visit on this blog hop is Darlys Recker's blog. I know she has something amazing to share. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Green Apple Cardstock, Wisteria Cardsock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 

Stamps: Happiness Never Grows Old

Inks: Intense Black 

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Foam Tape, Acetate (not CTMH), Silver Loose Sequins, Silver Confetti, Tri-Blend Markers, Clear Shimmer Brush 

Enjoy,

Alyson

9 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors of your card! And a shaker was a great way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cherry, fun card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! Your coloring and shading are so nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun, beautiful colors...that just make you smile when looking at it! :) Your coloring is beautiful & love the shaker aspect too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that it is a shaker!! I love your color choices as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors of your roses! This card is beautiful and I love the shaker element!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)