Tuesday, December 15, 2020

December Technique Blog Hop - Blissful Brackets

Welcome to the December Technique Blog Hop! 

This month, the featured technique/product is "Blissful Brackets". 

You should have arrived here from Haley Dyer's blog.

I wanted to do something unusual for this blog hop and not just use common brackets as they were intended. I lost a night of sleep thinking about how various brackets might fit together and decided to use the smallest Stitched Bracket to form the front of my cards. 

Lagoon, Peacock and Mint were my colours of choice. I die cut several of the smallest bracket and fit them together on a piece of White Daisy Cardstock. There is a tiny bit of overlap going left to right but they fit together perfectly going up and down. The card front was mounted on white, Mint and finally Peacock. I stamped the sentiment in both Lagoon and Peacock ink and splattered that piece with the Mint Shimmer Brush. Two of the largest brackets were cut in Mint and Peacock and some Silver Embellishing Thread was added along with a few Silver Glitter Gems. 

I wanted to do a second card using the same colour scheme but use patterned paper instead of cardstock. That was a challenge - and I realize some of these papers are retired. I used the Animated Stack for the Lagoon and Mint patterns and the Aurora paper pack for the Peacock pattern. This card is the same idea except the sentiment brackets were cut a little differently (two medium size and one large).


After the two cards above were completed, I was playing around last night with an interactive card (I call it an Interactive Panel Card) and decided to use some of the brackets to decorate the front of that card. I cut the Simple Stitched Bracket nine times in various patterns and placed them so they lined up in the centre of the card. The sentiment was cut using the Stitched Brackets. This card is so much prettier in real life than in the photos... 




I hope you enjoyed these unusual ways of using these bracket thin cuts. 

The next visit on this hop is Darlys Recker's blog.

I know she has something amazing to share with you!

Products used are all Close To My Heart 

(First two cards only)

Paper: Animated Stack, Aurora Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Mint Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock

Stamps; Serenity Cardmaking

Inks: Lagoon, Peacock 

Accessories: Stitched Brackets Thin Cuts, Silver Embellishing Thread, Silver Glitter Gems, Mint Shimmer Brush, Thin Foam Tape 

-------------

(Interactive Panel Card only): 

Paper: Serenity Paper Pack, French Vanilla Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock

Stamps: Serenity Cardmaking, Serenity Cardmaking Workshop

Inks: Sapphire, Sapphire Pigment Ink, Blue Belle, Toffee

Accessories: Stitched Brackets, Stitched Simple Brackets, Serenity Cardmaking Workshop Thin Cuts, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Tri-Blend Markers, Sharpie Marker (not CTMH), Gold Embellishing Thread, Gold Glitter Gems

Enjoy,

Alyson


5 comments:

  1. Wowowowow! Love them all and your colors are great. Very creative use of brackets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... your cards are amazing!! I love how you used the brackets on your cards! So cleaver!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, I love the quilt pattern you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)