Monday, November 30, 2020

Double Trouble 72 - Winter Scene

Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 72! 

Since it’s the 5th Monday in the month, this is a “Something, Anything, Everything” challenge, meaning anything goes. However, there are extra chances to be entered into the prize draw by creating something with snow and linking your project to one of our partner challenges. All details can be found on the Double Trouble Challenge Blog

I decided to create a winter scene and the best way to do that was to use a slimline card. I inked the background using Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot inks to create a night sky with a moon. I splattered some water and also used the Clear Shimmer Brush to both brighten the sky a bit and add the effect of falling snow. I used a small star stamp and white pigment ink to stamp some random stars in the sky as well. 

The images were stamped and die cut (and coloured where needed). I used an embossing pen to add some white and white glitter embossing powder to the trees and I used the Clear Shimmer Brush on the edges of the snowbanks. This took a while to complete but I an happy with the finished product. 



Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us your creations. Complete details can be found on the Double Trouble Challenge Blog

I am also entering my card into the Colour Dare challenge (#422) for a tic tac toe (left column of Blue Belle, Toffee and Sapphire plus Sage).

You have just one week to link up your project for the DT challenge.

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Products are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Blue Belle Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, White Glitter Paper

Stamps: Winter Woods (SU), The Jubilee Crew

Inks: Intense Black, Sage, White Pigment Ink, Chipper Sapphire Distress Oxide Ink, Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink

Accessories: In the Woods Dies (SU), The Jubilee Crew Thin Cuts, Fancy Borders Thin Cuts, Slim Stitched Rectangle Dies (Pink Fresh Studio), Clear Shimmer Brush, Embossing Pen, White Embossing Powder, White Glitter Embossing Powder (WOW!), Tri-Blend Markers

Enjoy,

Alyson

5 comments:

  1. Love your festive card! P.S. Love the one you sent me in the mail, too. You're one of the most thoughtful people I know. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! What a fun way to use our color challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this card Alyson! The slimline style is perfect, colours are spot on together, the inked sky is brilliant and the sparkle on the trees works a treat. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. A slimline card is a great way to create a scene and yours is so adorable and love all your stitched slopes. Adorable and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card. Slimline is so pretty and I love how you created that whole scene. Colour Dare DT :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)