Friday, November 6, 2020

Holiday Cards Blog Hop

Welcome to the Holiday Cards blog hop! 

You should have arrived here from Pam Furlong's blog.

If you get lost, there is a list of all participants on Melinda Everitt's blog

I am a fan of non-traditional coloured Christmas cards. I really like blue holiday cards in particular although I did one card in blue and a second one in traditional red and green. I chose to use the Floral Details and Background stamp set for my background and then turned both of my cards into shakers. The background was embossed in Sapphire ink for the first card and Black ink for the second card. Since the centre wasn't the same size as our standard circle shakers, I had to cut the circles on my Cricut. I wanted them to be approximately the same size as the circle on the stamp. The hardest part was cutting craft foam with my Cricut, which is what I used to replace foam tape for my shakers. It has a tendency to stretch when being removed from the sticky mat. 

The flowers in the background were coloured using a variety of Tri-Blend markers. I matted the cards on either two or three pieces of cardstock to bring out the colours in the designs. The shaker centres were stamped in coordinating colours and I added both sequins and confetti stars to each. The sentiments were also brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush. These cards took me longer than expected, only because of the shaker components as I prefer to embed my shakers in the card front rather than adhering them on top.


I hope you enjoyed my cards! 

The next blog on this hop is Darlys Recker's blog. I am sure she has something awesome to share with you!

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Pebble Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Evergreen Cardstock

Stamps: Floral Details and Background, Comfort and Joy Cardmaking, The Jubilee Crew

Inks: Sapphire Pigment Ink, Black Pigment Ink, Candy Apple, Evergreen, Sapphire, Bluebird

Accessories: Cricut Basic Shapes (not CMTH), Acetate (not CTMH), Silver Loose Sequins, Gold Loose Sequins, Silver Confetti Stars, Gold Confetti Stars, Tri-Blend Markers, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Clear Shimmer Brush, Craft Foam (not CTMH)

Enjoy,

Alyson

9 comments:

  1. Love how you used this background for Christmas cards! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how changing the colours really changes the feel and look of these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I never would have thought to use that stamp for a Christmas card! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you took this springtime card and made it into Christmas cards! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I never thought to use that background stamp for Christmas. Your cards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you used the flowers for a Christmas card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)