Tuesday, November 10, 2020

TSOT 483 - Ladybug Dreams

Welcome to this week's Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenge!

The extra theme this week is to use OLD embellishments - brads, buttons or eyelets. 

I had to look deep to find brads to use on my project. I recently sorted through tons of buttons and only held onto a handful - luckily some coordinated with the idea I had in mind. Eyelets... haven't used them (or kept them) for years! 

I have had this ladybug die for some time - and this is the first occasion I have had to use it. The wings were die cut from vellum and the dots were coloured on the backside of the vellum. The wings are attached to the base using a silver brad. The base shape is a shaker so I added lots of silver confetti stars inside. I die cut a stitched rectangle boarder and an additional piece to go across the top of the card (I rotated the sketch 90 degrees). This sentiment was perfect to use with the ladybug image. The buttons are tiny little white ones with silver around the edges. I don't like "naked" buttons so I added a piece of silver and white twine on top of each. 

Come and join us at TSOT and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Ballerina Cardstock, Silver Foil Paper, Vellum

Stamps: Hello Ladybug, Fragrant Flowers (Penny Black)

Inks: Raspberry, Charcoal

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Ladybug Thin Cut, Circle Shaker Window Foam and Acetate, Silver Confetti Stars, Silver Brad, Clear Sparkles, Tiny Buttons, White and Grey Twine, Tri-Blend Markers, Sharpie Markers (not CTMH)

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)