Thursday, December 20, 2012

So Thankful For... Card (and a very frustrating day...)

Today did not start out as a good creative day... I decided to try a new type of card - a triple folding card. The preparation and everything went just fine. When I had finished the stamping (for which I had used the Pirouette stamp), my hand was killing me from the pressure needed to get a consistent image but the backside of the card had been laying on the foam pad and was covered in ink residue... not able to be rescued after about 2 hours of work as I needed the backside for my overall plan. Maybe I'll come back to this another day...
 
Then I went to work on the card below. All was good until I reached the point of using the Pirouette stamp again - it wasn't quite large enough for what I wanted. So, off to the Cricut to cut the doily for the size I did want. Then I found out that stamping over an uneven image was not successful - how to get around that? I thought about stamping the plants first, then laying the doily on top but I didn't like the look. Maybe vellum, but it was too overwhelming. Ahh... a transparency!But adhering a transparency is always so difficult and I didn't want any additional brads, etc. The adhesive I use is fine for a few days and then eventually loosens and falls off - it is ok for scrapbook pages where you can hide the adhesive with embellishments but not wonderful for cards that are handled. I decided to cut the transparency larger than the white cardstock and score it so I could tape it around the back - worked like a charm!

So, after a frustrating day when I thought I would make a few projects, I ended up getting just one card finished... Maybe more tomorrow. 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Pear Cardstock
Stamps: A Friend Like You, Treasure Life (ret.) 
Inks: Black, Black Staz-On
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (not CTMH), White Pleated Ribbon (not CTMH), Baker's Twine - Neutral Collection, Transparency (not CTMH) 

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you finished the card! I love the pleated paper and twine. The transparency came out beautiful! I hope to finish one of my projects today. It's on my mantle and I keep looking at it. Better get going! Thanks, Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)