Monday, December 3, 2012

H2H Challenge - Birthday Card

The challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart is a sketch - my favourite type of challenge! And when I saw it, I noticed that it was a really L-O-N-G sketch, so I had to dig out my long cards for this one!

I must be one of the very few people who are completely finished with my Christmas cards - and they are actually written and mailed. I spent most of last week making Christmas gifts and those are almost finished, so now I have some time to work on some other things, like hemming pants, catching up on bill payments, cleaning up my craft room - fun stuff like that. I also have a lot of commitments at my church right now - our choir is really busy and I am also playing my clarinet with the Junior Choir, so I actually have to practice since I haven't played for ages! And remarkably, my Christmas shopping is also finished - I am ahead of the game this year and it feels good for a change! 

Anyways, back to the Heart 2 Heart Challenge. I chose to use Stella papers again to work on another birthday card. I got out my sewing machine as I have some work to do with it right after I finish this post! I chose to place my sentiment in the middle of my three elements rather than on the side. I love the Stella colours and I still have a lot of this paper. I am hoping that there will be a paper pack similar to it when the new catalogue is released!


Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Stella Paper Pack, Chocolate Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock
Stamps: Casual Expressions
Inks: Lagoon
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, Stella Canvas Stickers, Bohemian Assortment, Lagoon Embroidery Floss (not CTMH), Lagoon Thread (not CTMH), Hook and Loop Closures

6 comments:

  1. Okay...my cards are done but nowhere close to being written and MAILED. I'm not sure if I admire you or hate you! LOL!! Great card, thanks for sharing at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUT my blog suffered a lot last week - only got in one post! It's that time of year - too much to get done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card, Alyson. We missed our email date, too! Thanks for playing with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really nice card , thanks for joining us at H2H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stitching and the die-cut card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that paper pack!! And how you changed up the sketch just a bit!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)