Friday, December 7, 2012

Friends Card - Freshly Made Sketches

My card for the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches this week is made from the La Belle Vie papers. I love the colours in this paper pack and I wanted to bring out the Sweet Leaf green along with the pink and black. I also turned the sketch completely around. I know a lot of people have a hard time with this paper pack due to not having coloured inks (other than the basic colours) that match the papers but Smokey Plum is a terrific alternative. I used the pigment ink here just for a stronger shade of colour. I'll be really sad to see this paper pack retire - I feel like I have barely used it since Convention! 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: La Belle Vie Paper Pack (include cardstock available only with this paper pack), Black Cardstock, Sweet Leaf Cardstock
Stamps: Beautiful Friendship
Inks: Smokey Plum Pigment Ink
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Border Punch (not CTMH), Corner Rounder, Sparkles - Blue and Green Assortment

4 comments:

  1. The sweet leaf green is a nice opposite shade to this pack. I wouldn't have thought to combine it. I love how the green sparkles accent it. :) Beautiful, Alyson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty using the doily! And I love the extra bling! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful ... the purples are pretty and your added bling adds the perfect amount of sparkle!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Alyson! Great colours! I really like your take on the sketch! Love the added green bling! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)