Monday, October 29, 2012

Neutral Colours Card - H2H Challenge

The challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart is to create a card using only neutral colours. I adore bold, bright colours so much that I really had to think about this one. Ultimately I decided that if I couldn't use any "real" colours, then I would go simple - just black and white. I think the embossing helped to give the card some "oomph", although I went through a few sheets of sandpaper to get right down to the white core of our cardstock. And the bling gems add a bit as well. They are coloured black in the centers, though, just to stay with the black and white theme.
Enjoy, 
Alyson

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated. 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock
Stamps: A Friend Like You
Inks: Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (not CTMH), Sanding Kit, Corner Rounder, Black Sparkle Flourishes, Rhinestone Brads, Black Sharpie Marker (not CTMH)

2 comments:

  1. Very elegant card, Alyson. Worth all the sand-paper and elbow grease! Thanks for joining the crew at H2H this week, and looking forward to your Guest DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, love the elegant look. Thank you for joining H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)