Monday, October 8, 2012

My New Paper Storage!

I have been struggling for years to find a paper storage system that works for me. I have a very small studio space and don't have room for horizontal paper storage so my paper has to be stored vertically. The Cropper Hopper Carts are too big to fit under my table which is where the paper has to fit. Years ago, Staples used to carry these collapsible carts that opened up into storage file systems. My dear husband has repaired and reinforced them so many times as the legs have come apart from the bases, the sides have fallen in and they have just continued to fall apart from the sheer weight of the paper (I have 3 of them). I think he was finally sick and tired of my constant asking for him to fix them that he finally built me the perfect system! It holds ALL my paper in one system, so 3+ holders worth, and he took the time to paint it white so it matches the rest of my studio. It has super strong wheels so it rolls easily, it is lightweight and it fits with extra room under my table. I can't wait to add my paper today! He is such a sweetie! 
Here are the before and after photos so you have an idea of what I was dealing with... 

With the old ones, you can see how he reinforced the sides and bottom with wood to make them stronger. The legs would constantly come apart from the sides of the cart from rolling them back and forth. 
 Here, he has glued the cart together multiple times to hold the spot together where the file tab needed to sit... It kept buckling under the weight of the papers.
 And finally, my new cart! I can't wait to add my paper today! It rolls with such ease and is remarkably lightweight!
Enjoy, 
Alyson


6 comments:

  1. Lucky lady! It is so hard to find a great solution for paper storage because of the weight of it...that looks like a fabulous cart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have a hubby that's handy! Mine is always coming up with new solutions for me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have the plans or instructions for this? Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, I can’t reply to you via the moderation email I received. I am happy to provide you with the info I have but I need you to contact me via email at amayoconsultant@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. could I have the information too about how this was made and what materials you used? My email is cherylandpeter7@gmail.com Thanks so much!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)