Monday, October 15, 2012

H2H Christmas Card

I love Christmas and I love making Christmas cards. The challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart is to make something "Christmassy", so I decided to get caught up on my extra-special Christmas cards. I like to vary colours and get away from the standard red and green cards so with Gypsy being one of my favourite colours, I paired that with White Daisy and Olive, added a bit of Smokey Plum and this is what I came up with for my Christmas card. I read that our Shimmer Tape could be coloured by using a sponge so I tried it using our regular dye ink but didn't have much success as the colour just didn't want to "take" so I used our pigment ink instead. It has been about 3 hours and even with heat setting it, the strips are still wet... I have cleaned up little purple spots on my card so many times, it's not even funny - but I like the effect! 
The tree die cut is one that I found at Scrapfest this weekend - I couldn't wait to use it so I'm glad this challenge gave me that opportunity! 
Enjoy, 
Alyson

Products are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Gypsy Cardstock, Smokey Plum Cardstock, Olive Cardstock
Stamps: Merry and Bright
Inks: White Daisy Pigment Ink, Gypsy Pigment Ink,
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, Art Philosophy Cartridge, Quilling Tool, Sparkle Flourishes, Clear Sparkles, Olive Alcohol Markers, Pearl Opaque Adhesive Gems, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (not CTMH), Memory Box Craft Die (not CTMH), Silver Shimmer Trim, Prisma Glitter, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see purple in a Christmas card, Alyson. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely elegant card. All the elements are great--distinctive colours, embossing, your new tree die, dimensional flowers. Thanks for joining the crew at H2H this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purple and white - so regal. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors. I am thinking of doing my Advent calender in those colors!

    www.kristinclosetomyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)