Wednesday, October 3, 2012

H2H Challenge - Gratitude Card

The challenge at Heart 2 Heart this week is to use the rock 'n roll technique on a stamped image. That's SO appropriate for fall cards, especially if you are using a leaf image! I actually used it twice on my card - I used it on the branches on the outside of the card and again on the leaf on the inside of the card. On the inside, I used three colours, although that can be difficult to see (Creme Brulee, Sorbet and Autumn Terracotta). 
I also found out something interesting... our clear sparkles and flourishes will take our alcohol markers with no problem but the opaque gems and opaque flourishes will not... I had to break out the Copic markers to colour those. Had I known that in advance, I would have used the clear sparkles and flourishes instead so I could keep my card 100% CTMH. Live and learn! 


Enjoy, 
Alyson

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Clementine Paper Pack, Saddle Cardstock, Creme Brulee Cardstock, Cashmere Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock, New England Ivy Cardstock, Sorbet Cardstock
Stamps: Flirty Scrapbooking Workshop, Quick Cards - Bountiful Season
Inks: Creme Brulee, Sorbet, Autumn Terracotta
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Scoring Tool, Pearl Adhesive Gems, Opaque Pearl Flourishes, Blue Brad Assortment, Sorbet Waxy Flax (ret.), Copic Marker (not CTMH)

6 comments:

  1. I love the way the tall wild flowery stamp (from Bountiful Seasons, I think) turned out on the front of your card!! The silhouette makes me feel the Fall air!! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully embellished card inside and out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, Alyson!! They showed the 3-D boutique that you made for extravaganza at Regionals this past weekend. It got a lot of oohs and aahs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great card! Love the treat for the eyes when it is opened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunner of a card! Love the gate-fold design, with the tie closure as well as your use of the stamp rolling on the branches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)