Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge Christmas Card

I LOVE making Christmas cards, especially ones that are individual and I know will be sent to those special people on our Christmas list because they take extra time to make. This is one of those cards. I also love Christmas cards with non-traditional colour schemes. 
I started out making this card a standard size (41/4 x 51/2) and realized when I wanted to use the tree die that it just wasn't going to work with the sketch for the Merry Monday Challenge. The circle just had to be larger to fit the tree. So I ended up with a 5x7 card, which is just fine. It gave me more room to work and the tree fit inside the circle a whole lot easier! The hardest part was finding adhesive to attach the tree since the cutout is so thin! 
I love the purple ribbon that I found on a trip to Toronto recently and decided to use that for the banner shown in the sketch. I also rotated the sketch 90 degrees. It is shown below the card. 
Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Gypsy Cardstock, Smokey Plum Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Topiary Cardstock
Stamps: Ornamental Cheer
Inks: Gypsy Pigment Ink, White Daisy Pigment Ink
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (not CTMH), Christmas Tree Die (not CTMH), Purple Pleated Ribbon (not CTMH), Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Prisma Glitter, Bitty Sparkles

8 comments:

  1. I love the color combo you chose. Purple is one of my favorites. Pretty ribbon, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love that fabulous ribbon! I am a huge fan of purple Christmas cards! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Alyson, I love your fantastic ribbon treatment. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card, Alyson! Love the non tradtional colors, your pretty ribbon and that fabulous tree! Awesome card!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work here by a fellow Canuck! I am on the West Coast! Pretty purple ribbon, and I like the non-traditional colours. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your unusual tree image and the beautiful different colours and your gorgeous ruffled ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That swirly tree is so pretty, Alyson, and I like the non-traditional colors you chose! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tree is adorable and the ribbon is GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)