Sunday, July 22, 2012

Extravaganza - Jewelry Box and Jewelry

This item for Extravaganza was one I knew I wanted to do as soon as I knew we had access to a new Cricut cartridge. I had many questions about it - most of the jewelry inside is simply made from Cricut cut-outs. There are no shrinky-dinks involved. All I did was cut out shapes from the Artiste Cartridge, cover them with Liquid Glass and let them dry. In one case, the necklace is a stamped image, done with Black Staz-On ink. In other cases, coloured Sharpie markers were used to add colour to our Rhinestone Brads. Nothing was overly complicated. The bracelet with all the paper pieces is simply that - paper pieces cut from La Belle Vie paper, mounted on Black cardstock and covered with Liquid Glass. So simple, yet so eye-catching! 


Enjoy, 
Alyson


3 comments:

  1. Alyson -

    Just over the top fabulous! As if the dress shop wasn't enough, you give us this amazing bit of 3-D awesomeness! Love, love, love it! I totally have to make those Eiffel Tower earrings!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how ingenious was this?! You were really, really thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! your mind is goldmine. These are so cute. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)