Saturday, July 28, 2012

Album Contest - Layout #3

This layout is titled "The Puzzle of Me - My Star Qualities". Doing a layout like this is difficult because it really makes you think about the positive qualities in yourself and for someone like me who does not accept compliments well and does not like to think of myself in a positive light, this was a real exercise for me. I spent a lot of time on the internet, looking up positive qualities to find positive words for each letter. Then came the stamping - I stamped each and every word and letter on the Mini-Banner and that took an enormous amount of time. I purposely cut my portrait into pieces to represent a puzzle because all humans are like a puzzle - we don't fit a mold. Anyone who knows me knows that turquoise is my favourite colour so I chose to use a lot of turquoise on this layout.
Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies are all Close To My Heart (unless unavailable)

Paper: Footloose Paper Pack, Cocoa Cardstock, Pear Cardstock, Creme Brulee Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Sweet Leaf Cardstock
Stamps: Bingo Alphabet, Tiny Typewriter Alphabet
Inks: Cocoa, Lagoon, Sweet Leaf
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, My Creations Mini-Banner, Colour-Ready Seam Binding, Sponge Daubers, Sweet Leaf Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Baker's Twine - Paradise Assortment, Paradise Paper Flowers, Clear Sparkles, Sparkles Flourishes, Foam Tape, Bling Assortment, Turquoise Sharpie Marker (not CTMH)

1 comment:

  1. You are a great inspiration, Alyson. To read your story about your father's words and depression have me in awe. It was my pleasure to get to chat with you more this year, at convention.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)