Monday, July 23, 2012

Extravaganza - Display Tray

The Display Tray is a brand new home decor item from Close To My Heart. Although it comes in black, it could very easily be painted any colour to match a specific decor. I chose to leave mine black. 
Rather than using just the La Belle Vie paper, I used the browns from that paper pack and I also used the Florentine papers to show that the browns from the La Belle Vie paper can be integrated with various other colours. 
I created mine using a family theme.
Some details about what I included in the tray: 
  • If you look closely, in the 2 boxes with the photos of my parents, I used pages from my mom's 1960 passport. My father was a World War II Army Veteran and I wanted to highlight that by using the "Canada" page from the passport. The background page behind my mom's photo has her maiden name on it. 
  • The significance of the buttons is that both my parents used to darn socks - it seemed as a kid that all my socks always had either holes or big darned sections in them.
  • The #181 on the house represents the number on the house where I grew up in Winnipeg. 
  • On the bottom row, there is a picture of Prague, as my mom is of Czech descent. 
  • The little pocket watch represents the fact that my family was always punctual for everything.
  • The rolled flowers and leaves represent the fact that my mom is an avid gardener.
  • The other symbols represent love, my siblings, and my family in general.
Supplies are listed below the photo. 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies are all Close To My Heart unless they are found objects or not available through CTMH.

Paper: La Belle Vie Paper Pack, Creme Brulee Cardstock, Twilight Cardstock, Olive Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Bamboo Cardstock
Stamps: None
Inks: Desert Sand, Black, Twilight, Olive, Creme Brulee, Olive Marker
Accessories: Cricut Artiste Cartridge, Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, Burlap Ribbon, Striped Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Glamour Glitter Letters, Bitty Sparkles, Timeless Charms, Adhesive Springs, Foam Tape, Black Sparkle Flourishes, Green Button Collection, Black Tulle, Bamboo Waxy Flax, Bling Assortment, Wooden Garden Shapes, Black Thread and Sewing Machine, Black Sharpie Marker, Passport, Pocket Watch

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)