Thursday, July 19, 2012

Extravaganza Artwork - Dress Shop (my favourite)

This was my favourite piece of artwork of all of them (and it took me the longest time to make as well...) There were SO many people who commented on this and the uniqueness of it. The majority of it was cut from just one key on the new Cricut Artiste Cartridge - the "Q" key. That's what corporate means by "project keys" on this cartridge. Many other products were used and they are all listed below the project. 

It had to be designed in a way that I could transport it to and from Convention without it being damaged, so it was made using foam board and it is foldable with the exception of the roof piece. The bamboo skewers (black rods) had to go into my checked baggage due to their sharp edges. Behind the long dress, there is another dress form attached to the wall, but that is not visible in these photos... Unfortunately, from the angle which this was photographed, you can just barely see part of the assembly under the roof (that was raised at Convention so it was not noticeable - I rephotographed this at home before I posted these pictures).




Enjoy, 
Alyson

Products used are all Close To My Heart unless not available from CTMH:

Paper: La Belle Vie Paper Pack, Bamboo Cardstock, Desert Sand Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock, Foam Board
Stamps: Bonjour, Jardin
Inks: Black, Smokey Plum, Blush, Desert Sand, Versamark, Gold Metallic Marker, Black Sharpie Marker
Accessories: Cricut Artiste Cartridge, Silver Embossing Powder, Foam Tape, Baker's Twine - Neutral Assortment, Black Tulle, Pearl Opaque Adhesive Gems, Black Brad, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Prisma Glitter, Boutique Assortment, Embossing Stylus, Bamboo Skewers, Foam Blocks, Black Handmade Cloth with Lace
 

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this! That clothesrod of dresses is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson, I loved this at Extravaganza! It was one of my favorites, for sure! It must have taken you hours and hours to make. Thanks for such a terrific display of ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow it is stunning.I can imagine myself looking through those dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute project. Are the hangers on the new cricut cart? I can't imagine all the work put into this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hangers are indeed from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge - gotta love that new item from the Idea Book - it's fabulous!

      Delete
  5. Just amazing, Alyson. Verna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember this project from Extravaganza - stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a lot of work this was...so cool and so pretty. I've been wanting to do some scenes. Small ones. Not quite this big. This is really awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a lot of work this was...so cool and so pretty. I've been wanting to do some scenes. Small ones. Not quite this big. This is really awesome....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)