Sunday, July 29, 2012

Album Contest - Layout #4

This layout is titled "My Mom - My Shining Star". My mom has been an incredible influence in my life. She has been behind me every step of the way, encouraging me, cheering me on, and crying with me during the rough times, just like a mom should do. She grew up during some very difficult times and she is such a strong, independent person because of it. I admire her in way that she will never know and in ways that she cannot even imagine and this layout is a tribute to her. She truly is my "shining star". 

I used a Spray Pen on a Cricut cut White Daisy doily on both pages to create a lighter turquoise background with a bit of shimmer. The butterflies are covered with Liquid Glass to add dimension. The letters are stamped and painted with Pearl Paint and the exterior of the layout is hand stitched, alternating stitches every few inches for variety. 

 
Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies are all CTMH

Paper: Dotty Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Smoothie Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Buttercup Cardstock, Pear Cardstock, Black Cardstock
Stamps: Trinity Alphabet, Heartfelt Treasures
Inks: Black, Lagoon, Hollyhock, Buttercup, Lagoon Reinker, Olive Marker
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Pearl Paint, Spray Pen, Paintbrush, Baker's Twine - Paradise Assortment, Baker's Twine - Neutral Assortment, Buttons - Clear Assortment, Edge Distresser, White Embroidery Floss, CTMH Ruler, Piercing Tool, Silver Glitz Glitter Gel, Liquid Glass, Paradise Paper Flowers, Foam Tape, Eyelet Punch, CTMH Computer Font

2 comments:

  1. Lots of beautiful details, Alyson. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing you album, Alyson, I really don't know how I didn't get to cast a vote for it to win at convention!
    So, I cast my vote now.......you WIN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)