Friday, June 17, 2011

Inspiration from "The Wizard"

Like many others, I follow Vicki Wizniuk's blog daily. She is such an amazing artist!
Today, she posted a card that I just had to recreate. I created Vicki's card first, using Sunny Yellow along with the greys, and then I changed the yellow to Sky blue for the second card. I'm not sure which card I like better - they are both stunning!  I guess when the original is so awesome, 
altering the colours still leaves the lasting effect. I'd like to try this card with other colour variations, like Gypsy, Lagoon, Tulip and Cotton Candy! Maybe that will be my next project!

I didn't have the "Follow Your Dreams" stamp set that Vicki used on her card for the sentiment, 
but I typed up the sentiment and printed it out instead. 

Thanks, Vicki, for the inspiration and for allowing me to share your wonderful ideas!

Enjoy,
Alyson

Supplies are CTMH unless otherwise noted: 
Paper: Bliss, Sunny Yellow cardstock, Sky cardstock
Stamps: Dreams Come True
Inks: Sunny Yellow, Sunset, Sky, Pacifica, Grey Wool
Accessories: Licorice Opaques, Prisma Glitter, Grey Satin ribbon (Walmart), Lace border punch (MS), Foam tape

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)