Sunday, June 19, 2011

Apple Blossoms Layout

We have five apple trees in our backyard that produce a ton of fruit each fall. In the spring, the blossoms come out on the trees and they are just gorgeous. This year, they only lasted about three days as we had a lot of wind and rain just after they came into bloom. 
The layout is from Magic and uses Flip Flaps and hidden journaling. Those two additions are shown on the second photo. I also added Topiary ink and paper to the Sophia colour scheme. 
I love how brilliant the colours turned out!
Can't wait for the delicious apples in September!
Enjoy,
Alyson

Supplies used are all CTMH unless otherwise noted: 
Paper: Sophia, Topiary cardstock
Stamps: Backgrounds and Borders, Cocktail Alphabet
Inks: Topiary, Hollyhock
Accessories: Pear Mini-Medley, Flip Flaps,Pink buttons, Blush Waxy Flax, embroidery floss, White Daisy grosgrain ribbon, White pleated ribbon (other)

1 comment:

  1. Alyson, this layout is gorgeous. I am happy to see someone else that sews on their layouts. :) Thanks for showing me how I can use that green polka dot paper on my layout. It's so bold, and I've had trouble coming up with ways to incorporate it. Your title looks awesome, too. You must have spent hours creating this to get it just right. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)