Monday, June 20, 2011

New York City Layout

My husband and I spent a few days in New York City last summer. When I got home, I had enough photos that I couldn't fit them all on one layout the way I wanted, so I used a sketch from "Magic" and used the waterfall template. 
As a whole, the city was overwhelming to me - SO busy all the time (mind you, we stayed right at Times Square)! The layout has a grungy look to it and that is intentional - as is the "A-MAZE-ING" title. 
I wanted to get across the point that the city really is a big maze. 
Did you notice the maze paper in the background?? 
Funky, huh? 
The tread tracks on the title were created using a prescription pill bottle lid and black ink.  
As always, click on the photos for a closer look. 
Enjoy,
Alyson

All supplies used are CTMH unless otherwise noted
Paper: Hooligans
Stamps: Togetherness, Rustic Alphabet
Inks: Black, Sunset, Black Staz-On
Accessories: Colonial White Decorative Brads, Foundry Bookplates, Black Bitty Brads, Lagoon Mini-Medley, Black striped ribbon (ret.), Sewing machine and white thread, Foam tape, True Fit Folio (behind page 1), prescription pill bottle lid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)