Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blessed Card Package

I picked up a sheet of linen paper at a paper store in Toronto a while ago. I thought it would compliment the Magnifique paper pack really well but the colour was a little off. So, I decided to use it for a set of cards instead. The Blessed stamp set (April SOTM) was perfect for this. I have recently fallen in love with lace and I find myself using it on a lot of cards and layouts in the past few months.  

 The patterns are loosely based on cards from Wishes and Originals. 

The buttons were all sewn on individually using a turquoise embroidery floss that had some glitter in it.
The linen paper could not have adhesive added to it so I had to work backwards by putting the adhesive on the cardstock first and then laying the linen paper on top of it. The paper was difficult to cut as well, due to the fibres in it. That's why you may notice some rough edges. 
Oh well, I guess it adds to the flair of the cards overall!

Enjoy,
Alyson
Supplies used are all CTMH unless otherwise noted
Paper: Sky and White Daisy cardstock, Dark blue linen paper (not CTMH)
Stamps: Blessed
Inks: Sky, Pacifica
Accessories: Clear Buttons, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Foam tape, Turquoise embroidery floss (Michaels), White Lace (Fabricland), Blue scalloped ribbon (Michaels), White polka dot ribbon (Michaels), Turquoise ribbon (Michaels), Nestabilities dies (not CTMH)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)