Thursday, September 16, 2021

Embossing on Vellum - White on White Cards

I watched a video by Natasha Foote that had a great idea that I wanted to try. She showed a variety of ways to use embossing folders but this was my favourite! 

Her video showed the concept of dry embossing on vellum and then dragging a Versamark ink pad over the raised sections and wet embossing that section. More about that in a moment...

I decided instead to use an old wood mounted stamp to emboss that image in gold on vellum. I did it twice so I could cut away the outside section of the flower. The centre section was adhered on top of the full flower with foam tape. The background was embossed with a floral embossing folder and I die cut a couple of leaves in white and adhered them beside the vellum flower. I added a small gem in the centre. A sentiment was embossed and adhered to a foil background. The entire card front was mounted on craft foam. 

Back to the original idea... The concept was to emboss part of the embossing folder on vellum and cut out the image. That was to be wet embossed and then adhered back on the dry embossed panel in the same location. Wet embossing vellum that has been raised with an embossing folder is considerably more difficult than it sounds - I had to do it a several times before I figured out how much pressure to put on the Versamark ink pad so as not to get powder on everything! You will notice that the flower has been placed back on the same section where it was dry embossed from the embossing folder. It is a very neat effect! 

Products used are as follows:

Paper: Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Vellum, Silver Foil (CTMH), Gold Foil (CTMH)

Stamps: Card Captions, For All Occasions (both CTMH), Blended Bloom (SU)

Inks: Versamark

Accessories: Rose Embossing Folder, Silver Glitter Gems, Gold Glitter Gems, Heat Tool (all CTMH), Silver Embossing Powder, Gold Embossing Powder (both Ranger), Fancy Flourishing Thinlets (SU), Leaf Stem Die (Melissa Francis), Craft Foam, Foam Tape

Enjoy,

Alyson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)