Saturday, September 4, 2021

Always in My Heart Slimline

I spent some time last week playing with Distress Oxide Sprays... they are fun but can be very, very messy. My hands were washed at least 40 times and the stain was STILL there! Next time, I will use some gloves...

This background was created using two oxide sprays. I initially sprayed them on the same surface and spritzed them with water but the result was a very dull colour. I cleaned off my surface and used one colour at a time. The paper was smooshed into the ink several times and heat set between each session. I probably did 6-7 smooshing sessions to get the result I wanted. I also dropped some water on the paper to create more interest. The last step was to splatter it with a Lagoon shimmer brush. 

The sentiment was stamped in two colours and it was die cut. The die isn't long enough so I cut part of the image, flipped it around and cut the second half. I used the same technique on the sentiment border piece. The flower was stamped with four ink colours and die cut - same with the leaves. I added some bright pink embroidery thread behind the flower and finished off the card by adding some glacier gems. 

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Teal Cardstock (scrapbook.com), Slimline Card and Envelopes (CTMH), Distress Watercolour Cardstock (Ranger) 

Stamps: Slimline Sentiments (CTMH), Japanese Mum plus Dies (Altenew) 

Inks: DO Sprays - Kitsch Flamingo, Peacock Feathers (Ranger), Black (CTMH), Sparkling Rose, Bubble Gum, Raspberry Bliss, Grassy Knoll, Key Lime (PFS), Be Mine, All that Jazz (Catherine Pooler) 

Accessories: Stitched Simple Brackets Thin Cuts, Lagoon Shimmer Brush, Clear Shimmer Brush  (CTMH), Dark Pink Embroidery Thread (misc.), Copic Marker, Thin Foam Tape, Glacier Gems (PFS)

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Alyson, you are such a guru at multicolor sentiment stamping so it's really tough here to be in love more with that or your inked background. I shall ove them both then! lol Yum! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)