Thursday, September 10, 2020

New Product Blog Hop - Sept/Oct Catalog

Welcome to the New Product Blog Hop! This blog hop is featuring products primarily from the Sept/Oct catalog. 

You should have arrived here from Michelle Loncar's blog.

If you get lost, a complete list of all participants can be found on Melinda Everitt's blog

I chose to focus on the Bloom with Grace paper pack and a stamp set that I adore called O, Hay There. The animals in that set are so sweet. 

As happy as I am with the finished card, this was a fussy cutting nightmare. There is no thin cut for the monkey and although there are thin cuts for the sunflowers and the leaves, they looked strange with the border left around them so I fussy cut those as well. They were all coloured using several shades of the Tri-Blend markers. I had to be very careful about blending as the images were stamped with regular dye ink as I didn't want to introduce black into this colour scheme. I chose three patterned papers from the paper pack and decided on Sangria cardstock to mat the papers. The tiny envelope was cut using a new thin cut and if you look carefully, it looks like the monkey is holding the envelope - I love that! A message was stamped on a piece of French Vanilla cardstock and placed inside the envelope. The flowers were brushed with the Gold Shimmer Brush (inside circle with the Clear Shimmer Brush) and I wrapped some gold embellishing thread around the card and placed a gold gem on top of the bow. 



I hope you enjoyed my card! 

The next blog on this hop is Katy Taylor's blog.

I know she has something awesome to share with you!

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Bloom with Grace Paper Pack, French Vanilla Cardstock, Fern Cardstock, Sangria Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 

Stamps: O, Hay There, Bloom with Grace Cardmaking

Inks: Espresso, Fern

Accessories: Mini Envelope Thin Cut, Tri-Blend Markers, Brown Sharpie Marker (not CTMH), Gold Embellishing Thread, Gold Glitter Gems, Thin Foam Tape, Gold Shimmer Brush, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Alyson. My club would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have done the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alison! Hope you are well. Just finished a catch-up of your gorgeous cards. This one is no exception, I love how you made perfect choices for it. Sometimes for me, it seems like nothing is going to match or perform like I want it to.All the more reason I love the challenge, XXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! love the monkey holding the envelope!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I love the added stitching on the enfelope!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)