Friday, September 18, 2020

Creativity in Motion Blog Hop

Welcome to the Creativity in Motion Blog Hop! 

This campaign is so awesome - the images appear to be moving under the acetate! How cool is that? 

You should have arrived here from Wendy Kessler's blog.

If you get lost, a complete list of participants can be found on Melinda Everitt's blog

I created a lot of interactive cards with these stamps... those can be found in earlier posts. This time, I decided to create a mini album using several of the images. 

There is a mini paper pack (6x6) available with this campaign and I really wanted to use those papers - except I needed pieces that were a little longer than 6x6. Since many of the patterns in that mini paper pack are also found in the So Much Happy paper pack, I went back to that so I could cut the sizes I needed. 

The squares were all cut using the Stitched Square Thin Cuts. I didn't use foam tape anywhere in this album but simply cut away one section of the square and adhered it to the back of the acetate to provide the opening for the slider. It does make sliding the pieces a little harder, but that's ok. The white cardstock pieces were cut with the border attached to prevent the edge catching as they are inserted. I used coordinating inks to stamp the images and the sentiments. The patterned papers were folded over the squares and attached back to back to form the album. I decided to use the left side for 3x3 photos and on the back of 2 white slider pieces, I drew journaling lines and added some small stamps to decorate those pieces. On the back of the remaining 4 pieces, I added a photo mat and a 2x2 photo mount. That allows for 10 photos in total plus journaling spots in this little album. I decorated the front using one of the sentiments which I cut into pieces to stamp it in 3 sections. I tried tying up the album with embellishing thread but that didn't work - I had to resort to the white twine (which is retired) since no other ribbon coordinated with this colour scheme. 

There are lots of photos - each page plus 2 groups at the end that show the animated stamped images and the reverse sides with the photo mounts and journaling spots. 









I hope you enjoyed my project! 

The next blog on the hop is Gina Brandstetter's blog. I'm sure she will wow you with these products!

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: So Much Happy paper pack (same patterns as in the mini paper pack available for this campaign), White Daisy Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, Clover Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Mint Cardstock, Smoothie Cardstock, Peach Cardstock, Animated Acetate

Stamps: Animated Butterfly Kisses, Animated Safari Animals, Animated Sentiments, Border Tab

Inks: Sapphire, Clover, Smoothie, Candy Apple, Peach, Mint, Lagoon

Accessories: Stitched Square Thin Cuts, Border Tab Thin Cuts, White Twine, Black Journaling Pen

Enjoy,

Alyson

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is definitely a work of heart! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea to create a little book. Fantastic art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! Love your little mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible!! I would never have thought of turning this into a mini album. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE 💜💜 your mini album! It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you Alyson. I love this idea. Such a lovely idea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)