Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Peek-a-Boo Technique Blog Hop

Welcome to the September Technique Blog Hop!

This month, the technique (or feature) is Peek-a-Boo projects. 

You should have arrived here from Katy Taylor's blog

I decided to create three cards for this hop - two are Christmas cards because I really have to get started on those and the third is just for fun. The Multi Square Window and Multi Circle Window Thin Cuts are perfect for the peek-a-boo idea.  

The first Christmas card is a "multi-national" one... I coloured the elves in various skin tones. I used just three images from the Jolly Characters stamp set - the reindeer and the two elves (male and female). They were rotated in all directions and coloured using the Tri-Blend markers. I added some Stickles to the elf hats and also brushed sections with the Clear Shimmer Brush although that isn't noticeable in the photo.

The second Christmas card is much the same - just using more of the stamp images from the same set. Stickles were added to various images. Both of these cards were framed using the Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts. 


The last card is a multi square shaker card. I added Gold Confetti Stars and Gold Loose Sequins only to the windows where I used patterned paper. The sunflowers and leaves were stamped and coloured. I added a sentiment along with a piece of Espresso cardstock underneath. A few gold sequins were placed around the sentiment. 

I hope you enjoyed my cards. 

The next blog on this hop is Miss Carrie's Creations. I'm sure she has something amazing to share with you!

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Bloom with Grace Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Avocado Cardstock, Espresso Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Sundance Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock (not CTMH)

Stamps: Jolly Characters, Bloom with Grace Cardmaking

Inks: Intense Black, Fern, Candy Apple, New England Ivy, Lemonade, Glacier, Espresso, Canary

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Multi Square Window Thin Cut, Multi Circle Window Thin Cut, Acetate (not CTMH), Christmas Red Stickles, Goldenrod Stickles, Clear Shimmer Brush, Tri-Blend Markers, Gold Confetti Stars, Loose Gold Sequins, Foam Tape

Enjoy,

Alyson


8 comments:

  1. I love all three but the Bloom with Grace is perfect, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! How adorable is that first card? So cute! Love your other cards as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your window card! I really like the sunflower shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Christmas cards Alyson and such a lovely sunflower shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Bloom with Grace Shaker one - so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so pretty- especially the sunflower one! And I love how you have angled all the little elves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)