Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Layered Dies - Gold is Great!

I have been playing with the Layered Floral Backgound Thin Cuts from Close To My Heart. It is a set of three dies, each with progressively smaller images so they sit on top of each other, showing the layer underneath. 

The layered card shown last was actually an accident... I wanted to cut the top die from stencil paper to use it as a stencil but the plastic stencil paper was too thick to run through my die cutting machine. Consequently, I had to cut a piece of cardstock to use as my stencil and I chose white. As I was inking the "stencil", I realized that I was also going to have a front piece where I just needed to finish the edges as they were covered with washi tape to hold it in place. Bonus! 

I used three colours of Distress Oxide Ink (Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed) to ink the stencil. These inks are such a pleasure to use as they blend flawlessly. The stencilled piece came out perfectly and I used that for the base of my first card shown here. I stamped, coloured and fussy cut some flowers and leaves from the new Operation Smile stamp set and attached them beside the sentiment. The sentiment was masked so I could emboss the large word with gold embossing powder. I added some gold embellishing thread and brushed the lines of the flowers with the Gold Shimmer Brush. 


This card is the result of the top piece (my stencil piece), layered with Gold Glitter Paper, Black cardstock and Gold Foil Paper. I used the same masking technique for the sentiment. 


Products used are all Close To My Heart: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Gold Foil Paper, Gold Glitter Paper

Stamps: Every Bit of Wonderful

Inks: Black, Versamark, Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink, Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide Ink, Candied Apple Distress Oxide Ink

Accessories: Layered Floral Background Thin Cuts, Gold Shimmer Brush, Gold Glitter Gems, Tri-Blend Markers, Golf Embellishing Thread, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool 

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. These are both amazing cards Alyson! I love the colours you've used and the pretty flower cluster on the first and how resourceful you were repurposing the die cut piece you used as a stencil. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so pretty! Loving these gorgeous fall colours and pretty flowers! You made great use of your die-cut by turning it into a stencil!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)