Monday, September 21, 2020

DT 67 - A Gnome off the Edge

Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge #67!

This challenge is all about being "off the edge"... check out the condensed information below. For a more detailed explanation, please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog


I wasn't sure what to do for the challenge and the sketch made this more difficult than I anticipated... I settled on a folded card with an image cut from one side so it hangs over the edge. I flipped the sketch to make this work. This is attempt #3... one card ended up in the trash and the other is posted below but I forgot to use the sketch! 

I began by die cutting three stitched circles and a coordinating piece of cardstock for the cross piece. The card background was splattered with three shimmer brush colours and then the circles and the cross piece were adhered. The gnome die was used to cut through the front of the card along the fold. I stamped a second gnome and die cut that as well so I could colour the image. That piece was adhered on the right (front) side of the card so it shows when the card is opened as well. 


This is the first card I created - but I forgot to use the sketch. The outside red chameleon fits directly on top of the one inside when the card is closed. 


Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret the challenge shown above. 

I am also linking my card with Try Stampin' on Tuesday

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart (not listed for Chameleon card):

Paper: Lovely Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Ballerina Cardstock, Blue Belle Cardstock

Stamps: Garden Gnomes

Inks: Intense Black, Evergreen

Accessories: Garden Gnome Thin Cuts, Stitched Circle Dies (GMD), White and Gold Skinny Ribbon, Pink Gems, Tri-Blend Markers, Shimmer Brushes - Evergreen, Bluebird, Bashful 

Enjoy,

Alyson

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, Alyson! Great use of the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute gnome card, I like the different papers you used. Your "practice" card turned out great too. LOL I love the bright colors and the funny look on the chameleons' faces!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are adorable, even your first attempt came very close to an over-the-top interpretation of the sketch. All you had to do was extend the sand across the bottom on the face of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Alyson! You made a couple different cards! I love how you can still see your little gnome when you open your card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)